Tuesday 30 October 2012

Control (Part 4)

After I had cleaned myself up in the sink, I made my way up to bed. Jenny was fast asleep. I wondered what she would make of my new cock. I hope she liked it.

I lay there, imagining all the things I could do, and will do, now I have these super dick powers at my command. No more premature ejaculation, no more disappointment, just lots and lots of good stuff!

And just to be sure, because stranger things have happened in the night, the Stone of Bal-Shaggaroth went under my pillow. You just don't leave anything like this to chance, that stone would never leave my possession, ever. If the kids came into the bed at night, I didn't want them near it.

Anyway, I slept well. I got up, grabbed the stone, had breakfast and coffee, showered, shaved (while keeping my eye on the stone) and got dressed. Today was a sacking day, so I wore my pinstripe 'don't give a fuck' suit. Because when I wear it, I don't give a fuck about other people's problems. People feed off the badass attitude it gives off. It had pockets big enough for the stone. In it went.

I had a bulge now, in my trousers. A noticeable bulge. I wonder if Jenny notices. She was upstairs getting the kids ready for school while I caught up with a few daily news stories on the iPad. A murder, someone's cat story and more boring stuff about how my tax is spent and that. Upstairs, I could hear Jenny keeping things under control.

Jenny was so good at keeping the house in order while I got on with other things. I can reward her well now. Oh yes.

I looked at the time on my watch. Got to get to the office. Managed to say goodbye to everyone before I got off, amidst the havoc of half-dressed boys. It was time to get down and get out to work.

Jumped in the Merc and hit the road.


I should tell you about the line of work I'm in. I work for a company called PharmaX. We develop, manufacture and sell medical products, drugs and equipment. I was drafted in, headhunted from a successful company selling double glazing windows, I didn't know a thing about medicine at the time, but I knew how to get other people selling stuff, how to hit the right notes with the customer and get those pound signs flying in.

And when the guys don't sell enough, or do something wrong, I'm the guy who tells them their number is up and they have to pack up their things and get out.

The sacking was at 9.30am, in a small private office. I'd have an assistant with me, to take notes and that, but she was caught up in traffic.

It was a girl I was sacking. Never met her, she was one of our telesales team based in another office. Went a bit too far with her sales techniques and we had a massive complaint as a result. She got a bit too flirty with one of our clients. The sale wasn't going too well, and she decided, in desperation, to promise to meet him and see what would happen. Of course, he took offence at that and kicked off, big style.

Before the meeting, I had a quick chat with my boss, Peter Marklew, the Director of Sales and Marketing, about this one.

Peter was a serious chap, never cracked any jokes, and a stickler for following the rules to the letter. Never raised his temper, always stayed calm. His nickname behind his back was 'the android'. He was a wiry, old chap with spectacles at the end of his nose.

We met briefly in his office.

"How do you feel about this one?" he asked me.
"She seems a bit of a promiscuous one, from these notes. She usually gets a bit flirty with the clients, which is OK, but she went too far this time."
"Well, here's how I view this sort of thing, Chris. Flirting, yes, it can come across well, I look down on it, because there are better ways of building a rapport with the customer. I am advised to tolerate it, but this is a case in hand, and it strikes a fair point. Chris, in my time, I've dealt with a lot of very ambitious people, eager to make a lot of money and get to the top. But, there's one thing they lacked, Chris. Integrity. Have a sit with her, talk to her about this. I know sometimes you have a change of heart meeting these people face to face, but this one crossed the line of no return, so do the right thing and dismiss her. And after that, we can deal with this whole flirting issue as a general thing within the company. We can start a company-wide clean up to build our image back. Are you alright with this?"
"I'm fine with that."

Integrity was one of this man's favourite words. And I can't blame him. This guy had no skeletons in his closet, nothing seedy about his past that anyone could use to bring him down. He was getting on a bit, he was 62, but his mind was still as sharp as anything. He could lecture me on anything to do with sales, how to get it right, and how to avoid getting it wrong. Definitely my mentor, and I looked up to him a lot.

Anyway, off I went to the meeting with this employee. I didn't even know what she looked like. A quick piss, a quick freshen up in the mirror. Ready to knock 'em dead.

I sat down in the meeting room a few minutes before half past, just to have a quick read through of the notes. There was an iPod on the table, docked into a mini stereo, with a recording of the offending call.

The meeting room was small, a bit cold and bit out of the way from the rest of the office. Basically, this was called the 'sacking room' as there were some heated arguments and outbursts from time to time they didn't want the rest of the building to hear. All the dismissals, disciplinaries and difficult meetings went on here, a lot of bad energy.

There was a knock on the door.

"Come in." I announced.

In she came. Oh my god.

She looked almost exactly like a younger version of Jenny.

She's dressed for the meeting too. A black 'fuck me' dress that left little to the imagination.

I knew where this meeting was going. What twisted fate was landed in this lap, you may wonder.

No comments:

Post a Comment